Constant Spring Units
Quality Pipe Supports Constant Spring Units are designed to allow the supported pipe work to expand vertically upwards or downwards, whilst maintaining a constant supporting effort throughout the travel range. This avoids additional loadings at the component connections to the pipework.
- Constant load throughout the complete load and movement range.
- Load adjustment of + / - 20% is available by using the load adjustment screw.
- Individual calibration of the specified load is undertaken by electronic load-travel recorder.
- Stainless Steel scale plates are provided showing all the individual support details.
- Standard units are manufactured from carbon steel, but we regularly manufacture units from Stainless Steel.
- Hot Dip Galvanising and multi-coat paint systems are available.
Design PrincipleOur Constant Supports are designed to allow the supported pipe work to expand vertically upwards or downwards, whilst maintaining a constant supporting effort throughout the travel range. This is achieved by transferring the load of the supported pipe work to the coiled compression spring via a cranked load arm. As the load arm moves through its travel range the resulting moments of the pipe work load and spring, are perfectly counterbalanced about the main pivot shaft.
ConstructionThe Constant Support units are robustly constructed, and a wide range of attachments are available to connect to the supporting steelwork. All materials have been selected to provide a high safety factor, and the spring is housed in a casing to prevent the ingress of foreign bodies, and for protection against environmental conditions
Model RangeThe Quality Constant Supports are available in a range of six different models, comprising Horizontal, Vertical and Base Mounted units. These accommodate a maximum of 66 different sizes catering for loads ranging from 10kg to 31,500kg with travels from 40mm up to 610mm. Longer travels are available.
SpecialsAlthough the standard range of Quality Constant Supports will cater for most design conditions, we can provide specials for greater loads or travels.
PresettingAll Quality Constant Supports are supplied to site in the pre-set position – removable pre-set pins are fitted, locking the load arm in the correct position for connecting to the pipe work.